Toggle menu

Problems paying Council Tax

Why not sign up today for paperless Council Tax bills! Did you know it costs us around 50p to send a bill through the post? You can make your life easier, save paper and save us money by signing up to paperless bills. It's easy to sign up and only takes a few minutes.

If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, you must take action before things get worse. You may be able to get help if you are having difficulty.

Options to help you pay:

If you are unable to pay the current years Council Tax before the end of the financial year (31 March) or if you are struggling with your payments please let us know by completing a general enquiry form.


Council Tax bands and charges

If you think your Council Tax band is too high you can appeal to the Valuation Office to ask them to look into this.  View more information on Council Tax bands and charges.


Council Tax online billing

You can see your Council Tax bill, how much you have paid and how much you need to pay anytime, quickly, and easily using Council Tax online billing. View Council Tax online billing for more information.


Benefit and money advice

For free and independent advice, you can contact the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) on 01257 265432 or Lancashire County Council Welfare Rights Team on 0845 053 0013. Alternatively you can view information about welfare rights on the Lancashire County Council website.

CAB community champions can also help you find online information about debt, benefits, housing, employment and other issues. View more information on Citizen Advice support  on the CAB website. 

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email